Lab Operations Manager
Triplet Therapeutics is an early-stage start-up biotherapeutics company developing new therapeutic approaches to address repeat expansion disorders such as Huntington’s disease and Myotonic Dystrophy. There are more than 50 known repeat expansion disorders that devastate the lives of people and their families with no known treatment options to date. Triplet aims to change this, developing ground-breaking treatments for these patients. We are supported by a top-tier syndicate of investors who share our commitment to transforming the lives of patients and families affected by repeat expansion disorders.
We are seeking an experienced (Sr.) Lab Operations Manager* with excellent interpersonal and managerial skills. The (Sr.) Lab Operations Manager will be responsible for managing the daily operations of the lab including shipping and receiving and will collaborate with the R&D team to provide general support for ongoing studies.
*(Commensurate with experience)
- Implement and maintain processes to manage common lab supplies, stock inventory, and order lab consumables
- Oversee lab equipment purchases, including price negotiation, purchasing, and installation
- Managing lab equipment; including service contracts, preventative maintenance, calibration scheduling and regular cleaning of incubators and incubators and safety cabinets
- Oversee planning and set-up of new lab equipment and lab spaces
- Oversee lab safety and regulatory compliance, including tracking of chemicals and hazardous materials and enforcing PPE policy and laboratory safety rules
- Managing annual permits and license renewals
- Conduct safety and best practices training for all lab personnel
- Assist project teams with ongoing operational needs
- Coordinate shipping and receiving including liquid nitrogen, CO2, biohazard and chemical waste removal.
- Responsible for managing customs, codes, bonds, etc. for shipping outside and inside the US.
- Responsible for 24/7 coverage of the lab as needed (first responder).
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree and 4+ years of relevant experience working in lab management or scientific operations
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Experience managing a research laboratory is MANDATORY
- Experience optimizing and centralizing processes across groups
- Experience with permitting, training, and reporting requirements as set forth by local, state, and federal regulations
- Ability to troubleshoot, solve difficult problems, and propose solutions relating to lab organization and management
- Agility: Ability to work in a high energy organization with evolving goals and deliverables, merging priorities from across the company.
- Results Oriented: Self-motivated, curious, accomplishes goals with minimal oversight.
- Communication: Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, ability to work well with colleagues from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Experience with DOT, IATA regulations is highly desirable
POSITION: Full-Time, Exempt
EEOC Statement: Triplet Therapeutics believes in a diverse environment and is committed to equal employment opportunity for all its employees and qualified applicants. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Triplet Therapeutics will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.